These black bean brownies are perfect in every way. Fudgey but light, super chocolatey and not too sweet, and best of all they are vegan, gluten free, and refined sugar free.Also these are incredibly easy to make. Just throw all the ingredients into a food processor, blend, bake, and voila! The best brownies ever. Enjoy!
Vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free, and delicious!
- 1 can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 75 g (3/4 cup) cacao powder
- 60 g (3/4 cup) oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 50 g (1/4 cup) coconut oil
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) plant milk
- 120 mL (1/2 cup) liquid sweetner
Preheat oven to 170C/325F/Gas Mark 3.
Add all ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.
Pour into loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Use cocoa powder if you don't have cacao powder.
- I tend to use either maple syrup or agave as the liquid sweetner.
- Can omit the molasses if desired.
- Optional - add chocolate chunks or chopped nuts.